MarketWide uses the OutputManager to manipulate files saved on the host computer. Functioning like Windows Explorer, OutputManager navigates to folders on the host machine to allow you to delete and rename files. Using OutputManager, you may also transfer files from the host machine to your local machine or another network location.
For example, you may need to view a solicit file to perform quality checks prior to vendor submission. Through OutputManager, you can navigate to the host and transfer the solicit file to view on your local machine through the desktop OutputManager or you can simply download the file through MarketWide Online's (MWO) OutputManager. The OutputManager also allows report sharing which means you can copy or move reports on the host to a public drive for use by all MarketWide users.
Transferring Files from the Host to a Local Folder in Desktop OutputManager
- From the main MarketWide window, open OutputManager by selecting Tools > OutputManager.
- In the left pane, open the folder containing the file to be transferred.
- In the right pane, navigate to where the files are to be transferred locally.
- You can copy the file by choosing Edit > Copy and then clicking in the right pane and selecting Edit > Paste.
- Exit the OutputManager by selecting File > Close.
Due to special compression, file size may change during OutputManager transfers from the host machine to the client machine.
Move the file by holding the left mouse button and dragging it to the local location in the right pane.