To use this feature, administrative permissions must be given. True to its name, TableEdit gives the ability to edit database tables. Editing can be done by adding, deleting, or changing the current data. This can be especially useful when modifying "lookup" tables.
To Use Table Edit
- First select a table in SQL Manager.
- Click the refresh ( ) button to see the data currently in the table.
- To add a row of data, click the Add Record ( ) button in the toolbar or right click on a cell and select the Add Record option.
- Data can now be added to the new row, simply by selecting a cell and typing in the data
- To edit any existing data, click on the cell containing the data and type in the new information.
- To delete a row of data, highlight the whole row and click the Delete Record button ( ) in the toolbar or right click and select the delete record option.
- To save your changes and exit out of the TableEdit program click the save button
Any included media files can be viewed by right clicking on the cell and selecting the open reference option.
The TableEdit Menu and Toolbar
Commits the changes to the table.
File > Save
Prints the table fields and their corresponding information.
File > Print
Refreshes the current table.
File > Refresh
Exits out of the TableEdit module.
File > Exit
Allows you to sequentially undo up to the last 20 actions.
Edit > Undo
Allows you to sequentially redo up to the last 20 actions.
Edit > Redo
Cuts the highlighted cells.
Edit > Cut
Copies the highlighted cells.
Edit > Copy
Copies the highlighted cells and their headers.
Edit > Copy with Headers
Pastes the contents of the clipboard into the selected cell.
Edit > Paste
Clears all the new data.
Edit > Clear
Selects all the columns and rows.
Edit > Select All
Toggles descriptions on and off.
Data > Toggle Descriptions
Shows the next page of results.
Data > Next
Adds a row to the currently selected table.
Data > Add Record
Removes a row to the currently selected table.
Data > Delete Record
Opens the fill window, and sets all rows in the column to the fill value.
Data > Fill
Sorts the currently displayed segments in ascending order.
Data > Sort Ascending
Sorts the currently displayed segments in descending order.
Data > Sort Descending
Gives detailed information about the selected cell
Data > Drilldowns
Tools > SQLManager
Opens the filter window
Tools > Filter
Opens the selected media file.
Tools > Open Reference
Displays help information for the TableEdit program.
Help > TableEdit Help