TouchPoint Campaign Editor allows you to edit, add, and delete campaign history information. For example, if you post a campaign but realize the selection does not contain all the customers you wanted to choose, you can delete the posted record of the flawed campaign using the TouchPoint Campaign Editor dialog. TouchPoint Campaign Editor helps you easily maintain the integrity of your promotion history, keeping it free of errors easily.
TouchPoint Campaign Editor allows you to select your desired CAMPAIGN ID. After selecting a campaign ID, information displays from the promotion history table the Campaign Table and the Segment Table.
To Open TouchPoint Campaign Editor
Choose Tools > TouchPoint Campaign Editor from the menu in TouchPoint or click the TouchPoint Campaign Editor icon on the MarketWide main window toolbar.
Opening Posted Campaigns
When working in TouchPoint Campaign Editor, you may need to open various templates to view campaign history from Campaign tables. The Open Template dialog allows you to select what TouchPoint template created the campaign you would like to edit.
The Open Template dialog displays available templates in the left pane and template information in the right pane.
To Open a Template
- In TouchPoint Campaign Editor, select File > Choose Template from the menu.
- In the Open Template dialog, select the template you wish to use and click OK.
Viewing History for a Campaign
If you have a posted campaign open in TouchPoint, by default, TouchPoint Campaign Editor displays information about the open campaign. However, if you want to view the campaign tables for a different campaign, you may do so by using the TouchPoint Campaign Editor dialog.
Deleting Campaign History
Occasionally, you may need to remove individual segments from a campaign, or remove a campaign from the promotional history entirely. For example, if you post a campaign that never occurs because of budgetary constraints, you will need to delete that campaign to maintain an accurate promotion history.
When you click the Remove Campaign button on the toolbar, a Remove Campaign dialog appears asking which tables you wish to remove information from. You can opt to delete campaign data from any combination of Campaign, Segment, or PromoHistory Tables.
To Delete a Campaign
- In the TouchPoint Campaign Editor dialog, open the campaign you want to delete. See "Viewing History for a Campaign" for more information.
- Click the Remove Campaign button on the toolbar or select Edit > Remove Campaign from the menu.
- In the Remove Campaign dialog, click the check boxes to select the tables you wish to delete information from for this campaign.
- Click OK.
In the Remove Campaign dialog, the PromoHistory Table check box is available only when posted customers are appended to a table. If you are posting each campaign to a new table, you must delete your customer tables manually. If you are unsure of how to delete customer tables manually, contact your database administrator.
To Delete a Segment from a Campaign
- In the segment information area of TouchPoint Campaign Editor, highlight the segment you wish to delete by clicking the row number to the left of it.
- Click Delete on the toolbar or select Edit > Delete from the menu.
- A message displays asking if you are sure you want to delete the segment. Click Yes to confirm deletion, or No to cancel.
Using the <Delete> key does not delete the segment from promotion history. It simply clears data from the highlighted row in the grid in preparation for entry of revised data.
Adding to Campaign History
TouchPoint Campaign Editor allows you to add campaign information to your Campaign tables in two ways. You can add an entirely new campaign or add segments to an existing one. Both features allow you to track promotions performed outside of MarketWide.
For example, suppose your company runs a series of television advertisements and wants to gage responses using Analyzer. Using TouchPoint Campaign Editor, you can add the new tracking series as its own campaign or add it as a segment to an existing campaign.
To Add a Segment to a Posted Campaign
- In the TouchPoint Campaign Editor dialog, click on the row number to highlight any segment in the displayed posted campaign. New segments are inserted below the highlighted one.
- Click Add Segment on the toolbar or choose Edit > Add Segment from the menu. The new segment appears in blue and automatically contains the appropriate campaign ID.
- Enter the desired values manually in each column of the new segment.
- Click Save on the toolbar or choose File > Save from the menu to confirm your additions to the promotion history tables.
To Add a New Campaign
- In the TouchPoint Campaign Editor dialog, select Edit > Add > Campaign from the menu.
- Enter the Field Values for the fields in your Campaign Table.
- Enter values for the fields in your Segment Table, adding segments as necessary.
- Click Save on the toolbar or choose File > Save from the menu to confirm your additions to the Campaign tables.
Editing Campaign History
Events may occur between posting campaigns so that the actual promotion requires changes to promotion history. For example, if mailing rates per piece increase, you may want to reduce the number of customers you mail to. Or, perhaps you discover you used the wrong campaign ID and you want to fix it. TouchPoint Campaign Editor allows you to edit the promotion history tables in both cases.
To Edit Campaign History Data
- In the TouchPoint Campaign Editor dialog, highlight the value you wish to change.
- Type in the new value and press <Enter>. The edited row becomes yellow to indicate the value change. Leaving the row blank changes the value to NULL.
- Click Save on the toolbar or choose File > Save from the menu to confirm changes to your campaign tables.
The TouchPoint Campaign Editor Menu and Toolbar
The toolbar provides quick access to commonly used commands in the TouchPoint Campaign Editor Module. Click the icon once to carry out the action represented by that icon.
Saves modifications to campaign history.
File > Save
Submits the request to view the campaign listed in the Campaign ID text box.
File > Submit
Closes the current campaign selected.
File > Close Campaign
Opens the Open Template dialog allowing you to retrieve a template on which a posted campaign is based.
File > Choose Template
Prints information from the grid.
File > Print
Exits the TouchPoint Campaign Editor.
File > Exit
Sequentially undo up to the last 20 actions.
Edit > Undo
Sequentially redo up to the last 20 actions.
Edit > Redo
Copies and removes the currently selected data.
Edit > Cut
Copies the currently selected data.
Edit > Copy
Copies the currently selected object and the headers to paste into a spreadsheet.
Edit > Copy with Headers
Pastes the highlighted data.
Edit > Paste
Turn descriptions on or off.
Data > Toggle Descriptions
Adds a segment to the TouchPoint Campaign Editor.
Data > Add Segment
Deletes highlighted segments and/or entire campaign from promotion history.
Data > Delete Segment
Allows you to fill in all highlighted fields.
Data > Fill
Sorts the currently displayed segments in ascending order.
Data > Sort Ascending
Sorts the currently displayed segments in descending order.
Data > Sort Descending
Removes the current campaign from the TouchPoint Campaign Editor window.
Data > Remove Campaign
Gives detailed information about the selected cell.
Data > Drilldowns
Allows you to view the properties of the currently selected campaign.
Data > View Properties
Displays posted customers in a campaign. This option is only available if your posted customers are appended to a table.
Tools > View Posted Customers
Opens the Dynamic Lookup window, which allows you to select from one of the available campaigns.
Tools > Campaign Lookup
Opens the selected media file.
Tools > Open Reference
Displays help information for the TouchPoint Campaign Editor.
Help > TouchPoint Campaign Editor Help